Note: For more details of the indexes, please review the information below.
Enel Chile's participation in ESG Indexes and Rankings
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI): Enel Chile has positioned itself for the second consecutive year as a leader in Chile's energy sector industry in the three categories in which it is invited to participate: Emerging Markets, Pacific Alliance Integrated Market (MILA) and Chile. With a total of 88 points, the Company has consolidated itself within the top 5 of the electricity industry among the 103 evaluated worldwide, according to the score assigned by the evaluator S&P Global, which analyzes the economic, environmental and social dimensions of the companies. Enel Chile stood out with maximum score in areas such as Materiality, Risk and Crisis Management, Innovation Management, Environmental Reporting, Water Risk, Social Reporting and Corporate Citizenship, and Philanthropy.
- Sustainability Yearbook 2022: The Company was confirmed for the third consecutive year in the Sustainability Yearbook 2022 published by S&P Global, being the only company in Chile and in the Latin American electricity industry in the silver category, which distinguishes companies ranked among the 5% most sustainable companies worldwide.
- FTSE4 GOOD: Sustainability Index of the London Stock Exchange that ranks the best companies based on their performance in areas such as the fight against climate change, governance, respect for human rights and anti-corruption measures. Enel Chile has been included in this ranking in the Emerging Markets and Latin America categories, with a score of 4.6 out of 5.
- Moody's ESG Solutions: For the fourth consecutive year in the Best Emerging Markets Performers ranking in the utilities sector by Moody's ESG Solutions (formerly Vigeo-Eiris), which includes the best performing companies in emerging markets with a "best in class" approach. The Company scored 57 points.
- MSCI ESG Indexes: Enel Chile received an AA rating, forming part of the various sustainability stock market indexes offered by this entity.
- Sustainalytics: International provider of sustainability risk assessments for investors, which has classified Enel Chile with a score of 17.8 as of December 2021, where the lower the score, the lower the risk, placing it among the 7% of companies with the lowest risk in the global electricity industry.
- ISS ESG: In December 2020, Enel Chile was highlighted within the top 12% of the 125 companies in the electricity sector worldwide by ISS ESG Corporate Rating, receiving the PRIME company rating for its performance in sustainability. This result is the result of the good results obtained in a very demanding evaluation carried out by ISS through more than 100 questions based on public information and reflects that Enel Chile's integrated business model meets the requirements demanded in terms of sustainability performance.
- CDP: Enel Chile was recognized by CDP with a B level, in its first year of voluntary reporting of climate change impacts. CDP is a recognized non-profit organization that through its disclosure framework evaluates performance in the fight against climate change on a scale from A to D. It was also recognized with a B in the Supplier Engagement Rating (SER), indicating that the Company coordinately manages its suppliers in terms of climate change.
- Bloomberg: Enel Chile has been confirmed for the first time in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI) 2022, together with the Enel Group and Endesa, are among the 418 companies highlighted by Bloomberg at a global level out of a total of 11,700 thousand evaluated for their commitment and transparency in relation to gender equality and pay parity. The Company obtained a total score of 74%, three points above the average of the companies included in the index, achieving the maximum score in transparency and highlighting performance in gender equality and pay parity; sexual harassment policies and inclusive culture.