Rejection of forced or compulsory labor and child labor
- Rejection of any form of forced or compulsory labor as well as the confiscation of money or identification documents at the beginning of the employment relationship.
- Respect for the rights of children and reject all child labor practices.
Freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Recognition of the rights of workers to form or participate in organizations whose purpose is the defense and promotion of their interests; and the right to the representation of workers by trade unions.
- Recognition of the value of collective bargaining.
Respect for diversity and non-discrimination
- Rejection of all forms of discrimination while promoting equal opportunities and guaranteeing that all workers, present and future, are treated with respect concerning their diversity.
Health and Safety at Work
- Guarantee of the best health and safety conditions in the workplace.
- Promote and reinforce a culture of safety.
- Work to protect the safety and health of workers, mainly through preventive measures.
Fair Working Conditions
- Rejection of any form of verbal, physical, sexual or psychological harassment, threat or intimidation in the workplace.
- Compliance with the Remuneration Policy (Principle of fair-pay and equal pay for men and women for work of the same value).
- Recognition of the importance of training and career guidance for human resource development.
Communities and societies
Respect for the rights of communities
- Respect for local communities' rights while giving particular attention to vulnerable groups, such as indigenous and tribal peoples. Even by promoting local development projects in their benefit, specifically, in the design and construction of infrastructure projects. Applying, in accordance with current national legislation, relevant studies on environmental and social impact, ecological footprint, and human rights in areas where such projects will emerge.
- When a new project means the relocation of local communities, our objective is to minimize the impact on them through communication and fair compensation, complying with current national legislation.
- Guarantee that private security services hired by Enel Chile to protect its personnel and properties act following the law.
- Ensure that its products and services do not compromise the security and physical integrity of its clients, to the extent reasonably foreseeable.
Integrity: Zero tolerance for corruption
- Rejection of corruption in all its forms, both direct and indirect.
Privacy and communications
- Respect for all persons' right to privacy and confidentiality, and correct use of personal information and data.
- Guarantee that all institutional and commercial communications are non-discriminatory and culturally sensitive, with particular attention to more vulnerable audiences, such as children.