Ganadoras Premiación Energía de Mujer 2019
Energía de Mujer Award Categories
The prize seeks to highlight the achievements of women who have made a significant contribution to Chilean society, and whose example may inspire other Chilean women in their own careers or fields.
It also aims to be as representative as possible of the diversity of areas in which women have made exceptional achievements.
We award a prize to the woman who has stood out as a role model for the arts, music and/or literature, either through a particular piece of work or her work in general, and who has actively helped to construct the country’s cultural identity.
2. Public Service
We award a prize to a woman in politics or public service who has made a significant contribution to improving public policies and has shown commitment to the well-being of Chilean society.
3. Environment and Sustainability
We distinguish the woman who has best promoted environmental care and protection and stood out as an ongoing force for energy efficiency in Chile or who has set out to make the country more sustainable through leadership of opinion or the implementation of concrete projects.
4. Contribution to Education
We award a prize to a woman who has shown commitment to promoting and improving education in Chile through specific projects in the classroom or as a leader of opinion in this important field.
5. Innovation and Entrepreneurship
We give this award to a woman whose projects and initiatives have succeeded in generating innovative and creative solutions for the development of a better Chile.
6. Work with the Community
We recognize a woman who has successfully implemented projects or led institutions that address a specific social problem, thus substantially improving the quality of life for a particular community.
We award this distinction to a woman who, as a journalist, has been able to lead editorial or journalistic projects that contribute to Chilean society, with an objective and independent vision, or who, through her work, has managed to disseminate information of national interest that contributes to the public debate.
We give this prize to a woman from the world of entertainment who has captured the heart of the general public.
We recognize a woman who has achieved national and international renown through sports, thus contributing to Chile’s prestige in this area.
10. Contribution to Public Debate
We award this prize to a woman who, from her discipline, has contributed to the debate of ideas or public policy in a bid to promote the country’s development.
11. Women’s Energy Award to Life Achievement
We recognize a woman with a long and respected track record of supporting Chilean society in general.
12. Internal Prize: Enel Woman
The employees of Enel Group recognize a woman who has stood out for her work, support and promotion of the company’s values and strong commitment to the company.
How are the winners selected?
The award is divided into 12 categories for each of which a shortlist is submitted to the jury out of proposals put forward by employees of the Enel Group (over 2,000 employees) and the group’s Communications Department.
Before the shortlist is compiled, candidates are evaluated and their contribution in their areas of action is analyzed. The resulting shortlist is then presented to the jury.
- Carolina Cuevas, Undersecretary of Women's Affairs and Gender Equality.
- Alejandra Sepúlveda, Executive Director of Comunidad Mujer.
- Alejandra Mustakis, President of Entrepreneurs of Chile Association -Asech (award winner in 2015).
- María Teresa Ruiz, 1997 National Award of Exact Sciences (award winner in 2008).
- Matilde Burgos, CNN Journalist and News Anchor (award winner in 2016).
- Francisca Valdés, Executive Director of Mujeres Empresarias.
- Paula Escobar, Editor of El Mercurio magazines (award winner in 2015).
- Ximena Casarejos, Executive Director of Teletón (award winner in 2009).
- Marina Hermosilla, Executive Director of Corporate Leaders Group, CLG Chile (award winner 2018).