Santiago, March 16, 2020.- In order to protect the health of our workers and ensure the operational continuity of the company, we have taken a series of preventive measures within the context of the spread of the Covid-19 virus. These include:´
1. Necessary preventive measures to protect the work facilities staff from the risk of contagion, including the following actions:
- Self-diagnosis before leaving home; verification of temperature upon entering the place of work.
- Segregation of time and space in common areas, common transport; reduced interaction between the different teams and shifts.
- Safe execution of shift changes, using masks if necessary and maintaining a distance of at least 2 meters between workers.
- Encouraging workers to wash their hands more frequently.
- Higher frequency of disinfection in common areas and common means of transport.
- Disinfection of shared desks and work stations by the Enel staff at the start of each shift.
2. Work organization measures aimed at minimizing the number of necessary people in the facilities, considering the following actions:
- Remote work schemes for all people whose functions are non-essential for continuity of the business.
- Segregation of work teams and segregation with contractors.
- Division of Control Center operations, using a main site and backup site.
- Eventual reduction of shift staff.
- Preparation of a backup team of internal operators and maintenance staff to be activated if necessary.
3. From an operating perspective, in order to continue operations, particularly in plants that are a part of the critical infrastructure:
- Postponement of scheduled major maintenance.
- Reduction of daily maintenance activities, only performing the activities that are strictly related to safe and stable operations, the safety of the people, facilities and the environment.
All of the company's efforts are aimed at guaranteeing the correct and safe operation of our power plants, while also ensuring the health and safety of our people. We will continue to coordinate with the energy authorities in order to ensure the continuity of our operations and those of the interconnected system.