Enel X seeks to transform energy into technological and innovative solutions to contribute to the sustainability and decarbonization of cities, businesses and homes. Technologies at the service of the efficient management of large organizations, institutions or industries, for public lighting and ornamental lighting, or to transform homes with efficient solutions for air conditioning, heating, water heating and lighting.
Distributed generation for self-consumption
The digitization of the electricity grid allows the consumer to be increasingly active. Enel X offers innovative photovoltaic systems for generating electricity from solar energy. The company also has several alternatives for home installation of systems designed to interact bidirectionally with the electricity grid, injecting the energy produced by solar panels during the day and drawing electricity from the same grid at night or during periods of low solar radiation.
Comparative studies show that electric vehicles are 3 times more efficient in the use of energy, compared to those that run on fossil fuels. Enel X Way has led the challenge of transforming the means of transportation in Chile and the world, through the development of electric mobility and its recharging infrastructure, including new technologies such as vehicle-to-grid (V2G). It is also promoting electric public transport by offering integral solutions for operating companies.
Harnessing renewable resources
Until a few years ago, inexhaustible natural resources such as solar energy and geothermal energy were not used by man. Enel Green Power has not only become a world leader in the use of these energy sources, but also works to make the production of that energy as efficient as possible. EGP has developed projects to ensure energy efficiency in the operation of its plants, implementing, for example, electric mobility, efficient lighting, and high standards of productive efficiency in their facilities.
Seeking to establish a close and sustainable relationship over time with the community, Enel Distribución has developed a cycle of Energy Efficiency Educational Workshops, aimed at neighbors and authorities of the company's concession area. Between 2021 and 2022, more than 8,700 people actively participated in more than 300 workshops, in which efficient tips were delivered as an invitation to adopt habits that promote energy efficiency in homes.
Energy Efficiency Tips
Caring for the planet is everyone's responsibility. For this purpose, we offer the following tips that will improve your energy consumption habits at home and at work:
- Accumulate as much laundry as possible when ironing or washing.
- Wash or iron preferably during off-peak hours, such as in the morning.
- After heating water, store unused water in a thermos to avoid having to heat it again.
- Install aerators on sink, dishwasher and shower faucets.
- Prioritize running the washer, dryer and dishwasher when they are at full capacity.
- Regulate the time you spend in the shower. This will reduce water consumption and, if possible, use the excess water for irrigation.
Air conditioning and heating
- Prefer air conditioners, heaters and boilers that have a thermostat. This will allow you to effectively regulate the room and water temperature in your home.
- You should set the air conditioning temperature to 24 °C in summer and the heating temperature to 20 °C in winter.
- Improve the thermal insulation of your house. This will make your air conditioners and heaters work more efficiently.
- Start by insulating the roof of your house, reinforce the insulation of the walls and prefer thermo-pane windows.
- Control the use of the air conditioning system. This will help improve energy efficiency.
- Keep room doors closed while the appliance is on and turn it off when leaving the room.
- Clean the air filter every 15 days. Dirty filters and dust canisters cause the motor to run on overdrive and decrease its usability.
- Opt for renewable energies.
- Take advantage of natural light and paint the walls and ceilings of your house with light colors. These simple measures could reduce your energy consumption by 5%.
- LED bulbs have a lifespan of up to 15 years, while incandescent bulbs only have a lifespan of one year. Therefore, replace your incandescent bulbs and prioritize switching to LED technology in the areas of your home where the lights are on the longest.
- The installation of motion sensors allows you to control the lighting automatically by detecting movement in the place where they are installed, without the need to turn the lights on and off.
- Turn off the lights. It is not correct to say that the expense is higher when turning lights off and on.
- Think about generating your own energy with photovoltaic panels. It is always better to use renewable energy from the sun.
- Invest in appliances with the highest Energy Efficiency rating on their label.
- A, A+ and A++ ratings are the most efficient.
- Regularly clean the back of your refrigerator. Dust accumulation decreases performance and increases electricity consumption.
- Put your computer in "saving mode" and turn off the screen if you are not going to use it for a period of 30 minutes or more.
- Turning off and unplugging electrical appliances that you do not use regularly can help you optimize energy by 15 to 20%.