- To date, it has 3 electric vehicle charging stations in operation, out of a total of 10 planned for implementation between Santiago and Concepcion as part of the Enel X ElectroRuta project to connect the entire country from Arica to Punta Arenas.
Santiago, August 25, 2020. Enex S.A., Shell's licensing company in Chile, and Enel X, within the framework of their collaboration alliance and the development of the "ElectroRuta Enel X" project, finalized the installation of three new charging stations for electric vehicles at the Los Domenicos, Los Trapenses and San Francisco de Mostazal Shell service stations. Soon, a fourth public charging station will be available at one of the service stations located along Autopista Central on the south side of Santiago.
The charging stations that been installed, out of a total of 10 to be implemented between Santiago and Concepción, offer a strength of 50kW, including the Juice Pump model, which allows for two electric vehicles to be charged simultaneously over an estimated time of 25 to 40 minutes, guaranteeing an average autonomy of over 250 kilometers, depending on the electric vehicle model.
"In line with our commitment to the environment, sustainability and energy development in Chile, we have formed this alliance with Enel X, as part of the new standard of Shell service stations. The goal is to provide our customers with a solution that optimizes charging times and supports the development of electromobility in Chile," says Cristián Díaz, Commercial Planning Manager for Enex.
The new charging stations are part of the implementation of the "ElectroRuta Enel X" infrastructure plan, which considers the installation of 1,200 chargers throughout Chile, from Arica to Punta Arenas, for what will be the most extensive network of interstate chargers, and will cover the entire country with one charging station every 60 kilometers.
"In order for electric vehicles to be able to operate, guaranteeing their autonomy and transport, the necessary electric infrastructure is required to supply their energy. To do so, every year we will continue to increase the number of charging stations in different formats for a total of 1,200 chargers throughout Chile during the next five years" explains Karla Zapata, CEO of Enel X Chile.
The Enel X charging stations are based on smart charging solutions and are aimed at meeting users’ different needs through technologies that enable vehicle battery charging at different speeds and in different places, both in the city and on the interstate.
Types of chargers and characteristics
- JuiceBox: Charges up to 22kW in alternating current, with full charge in approximately 105 minutes.
- JuicePole: It has two 22kW outlets, with around 105 minutes to full charge.
- JuicePump: Multi-standard charge of up to 50kW, with three types of connectors in alternating current and continuous current. Full charge can take up to 40 minutes.
- Enel X Station: Innovative ultra-fast charging station, with four chargers of up to 350kW. Full charge can take less than 10 minutes.