- The “Informe Reporta 2021” evaluated the 70 companies with the highest stock market capitalization in the country.
- The study prepared by the Spanish company Deva measures the transparency, commitment, relevance, and accessibility of the information Chilean companies provide to the market.
Santiago, September 30, 2021. Enel Chile obtained first place in the sixth version of the “Informe Reporta Chile,” which measures how consistently and coherently companies provide information and incorporate their sustainability integration narrative within their mission, vision, and purpose.
“Our commitment to transparency has allowed us to better show how sustainability is at the core of our strategy. The timely, reliable, accessible, and relevant communication of what we are do every day is, without a doubt, an important part of this commitment. Therefore, we receive this recognition with great satisfaction and will continue to work this way and drive the country's energy transition,” says Paolo Pallotti, CEO of Enel Chile.
The Informe Reporta was created in 2010 in Spain by Deva, a Spanish agency specialized in sustainability management and financial communication, and the first Reporta Chile was launched in 2016. Today, it evaluates the 70 companies with the highest stock market capitalization in the country.
The award was received by the company’s CFO, Giuseppe Turchiarelli, who says that “we appreciate this recognition, which ratifies our conviction with respect to continuously improving the information we make available for all stakeholders and interest groups.”
The methodology used by the Informe Reporta includes an analysis of indicators across 4 dimensions:
- Transparency: complete economic, financial, and operational information that discloses the company's performance in this area and its future perspectives.
- Commitment: information related to environmental, social, and corporate governance matters, in order to understand the company’s level of commitment to interest groups that affect its activities.
- Relevance: information on the company's strategy, context, and commitments.
- Accessibility: information is presented clearly and accessibly for the different types of users.
Enel Generación, one of the company's subsidiaries, was awarded distinction in the Principle of Commitment in recognition of its decarbonization strategy.